View All Recent Articles
“I’m booking solid revenues, but I need some tips on inventory management.”
You’ve already got a head star... Read more
You’ve taken the plunge and started your small business, selling online. Read more
Whether you’re starting a small business, already in business, or planning a startup, health insu... Read more
When Dave Taylor moved his company, Intuitive Systems, to a new office, he purposely chose a plac... Read more
Individual health insurance policies are sold to individuals and vary based on the laws of the st... Read more
I love to organize things. It's how I started my business as a Professional Organizer, before I d... Read more
Reuse What You Have
In this step, we will look for ways to reuse office items. This may require changing your existing methods and replacing disposable items with reusable alternatives.
Ideas for reusing items in the workplace:
- Purchase reusable products, such as rechargeable batteries, washable towels
- Save packing material you receive and reuse for shipping
- Use white boards and e-mail to replace sticky notes
- Print on both sides, write notes on scrap paper
- Reuse binders and file folders
- Use reusable shopping bags, provide reusable bags to your customers
- Use resealable containers instead of plastic bags
- Refill ink cartridges
- Use washable towels, cloth napkins
- If you can’t reuse an item, sell it or donate it so someone else gets use out of it
This is Step 2 in StartupNation’s “9 Steps to Greening Your Business”. Read all nine steps here.
Featured buy of the day
AMD Phenom™ II 830
1TB Hard Drive
Be rewarded for your business
Earn up to 2% cash back when you use your Sam’s Club® Discover® Card.
Sam’s Club Business Plus Members can earn up to 2% cash back on up to $1 million in purchases made at Sam’s Club.
Small Business Plus Members earn 2% cash back.
Small Business Advantage Members earn 1% cash back.