- Bush’s® Best Original Baked Beans
- Grilled pepper and mushroom skewers
- Grilled ribeye steaks
- KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce chicken and bacon skewers
- No-bake blueberry cheesecake
- Mike’s® Hard Lemonade
- Pepsi® or Diet Pepsi®
* Alcohol liquor is available for sale to the general public without obtaining a Membership in all states. Alcohol brands available in select Clubs in limited quantities. Brands may vary by Club. Please drink responsibly.
30 minutes day of, 25 minutes preceding day (to prepare cheesecake and marinate chicken)
Prepare crust and filling 1 day ahead. Top with whipped cream and berries when you are ready to serve (see recipe.)
For vegetable skewers:
- Cut 2 bell peppers, 2 large sweet onions, and 3 to 4 Portobello mushrooms into 2-to 3-inch wedges.
- Alternate chunks on a skewer and brush liberally with Vidalia onion vinaigrette. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes
- Grill over medium-high flame until charred and well cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.
Rub steaks with a clove of mashed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat to desired doneness.
For baked beans:
Warm over low heat.
For chicken skewers:
- Cut and marinate chicken 4 to 12 hours ahead.
- Assemble to cook for 18 to 20 minutes (see recipe.)
KC Masterpiece® Barbecue chicken and bacon skewers
The tangy spiciness of KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce is a perfect complement to smoky bacon, chicken and fruit. These skewers are a surefire hit for everyone in the family.
Makes 6 servings (12 skewers)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon, or Member’s Mark® Turkey Bacon
- 2 to 3 large tart apples
- 1 pineapple or 2 to 3 peaches
- 3/4 cups plus 1/4 cups KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
- Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes and marinate in 3/4 cup of KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce for 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- To assemble skewers:
- Cut apples and pineapple into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Begin by sliding on a chunk of apple. Then skewer the end of the strip of bacon, add a piece of chicken, then a piece of pineapple, twisting the bacon in between these chunks. Repeat this wrapping/skewering process, ending with a chunk of fruit. Finish by looping the end of the bacon strip over the skewer to secure.
- Brush skewers with vegetable oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill 18 to 20 minutes over medium heat, or until chicken is done, brushing with reserved sauce last 2 minutes.
No-bake blueberry cheesecake
With a marvelously crunchy crust and big chunks of blueberries in the filling, this is one special quick-and-easy dessert.
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Nature Valley® Oats ‘N Honey bars, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (from 2 packets)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried, plus 1 cup for topping
- 1 can Land o’ Lakes Whipped Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend all dry ingredients in food processor until finely ground (powdered). Add butter and vanilla and process until it creates a moist crumb texture.
- Press crust evenly across the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan or cheesecake pan.
- Bake crust until deep golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cream cheese, cream, sugar and orange juice in processor until smooth. Add berries and puree until smooth. With machine running, add warm gelatin mixture through the feed tube and blend. Pour into crust and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Top with a generous layer of whipped cream. Place 1/2 cup blueberries in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and gently mash to release juices and melt sugar. Add remaining berries and toss to mix. Pile the berries in the center of the whipped cream layer and serve.