Southern Style Barbecue
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Give your outdoor lunch a Southern twist with Byron’s® pulled pork sandwiches on Sara Lee® Kaiser Rolls. Add some Tex-Mex coleslaw for an unexpected flavor and Lipton® iced tea to keep the whole family cool.
- Pulled pork sandwich with sautéed mushrooms
- Tex-Mex coleslaw
- Melon-berry salad
- Lipton® Instant Tea with Sugar
Prepare Lipton Instant Tea with Sugar according to package directions.
For pulled pork sandwiches:
- Slice 2 cups of Portobello mushrooms and sauté in butter and one clove of garlic until tender and browned.
- Gently warm 3 cups of Byron’s Fully Cooked Pork Barbecue over low heat.
- Spread mayonnaise or butter on Sara Lee Kaiser Rolls. Add sautéed mushrooms to each roll and top with warm pulled pork.
For melon berry salad:
- Toss 4 cups diced cantaloupe, watermelon, or Crenshaw melon with 3 cups raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
- Add honey or powdered sugar to taste and garnish with fresh mint or grated orange peel.
Tex-Mex Style coleslaw
Makes 6 cups
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk to blend well. Use immediately or chill for up to 2 days.
- To serve: Combine all salad ingredients and toss with 1 cup of dressing. (This tastes best if refrigerated for one hour before serving.)
Sam’s Club Shopping List
- 4 pounds Byron’s® Fully Cooked Pork barbecue
- 1 package Sara Lee® Kaiser Rolls, 12 count
- 1 bag coleslaw mix, 3 pounds
- 1 bunch green onions, 12 count
- 1 package multi-colored bell peppers, 6 count
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 package Portobello mushrooms, 24 ounces
- 1 jar mayonnaise
- 1 carton orange juice
- 1 jug apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 jar ground cumin
- 1 large melon
- 3 cups blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, 18 ounces each
- 1 bag C&H® powdered sugar, 4 pounds
- Lipton Instant Tea with Sugar, 100 ounces