Summer Backyard Feast
Preparation time: 40 minutes
This delightful grilled meal tastes and looks fancy, but it couldn’t be easier to make. Start with Silver State® Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin Steak with a side of Parmesan mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and dinner rolls from our Bakery. Keep the heat at bay with Lipton® lemon tea and Bartles & James® libations, and finish with refreshing melon with blueberry frozen yogurt.
- Silver State® Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin Steak
- Parmesan mashed potatoes
- Grilled asparagus
- Yeast dinner rolls
- Lipton® Lemon Instant Iced Tea
- Bartles & James® Variety Pack (Margarita, Strawberry Daiquiri, Fuzzy Navel and Exotic Berry)
- Melon with blueberry frozen yogurt
* Alcohol liquor is available for sale to the general public without obtaining a Membership in all states. Alcohol brands available in select Clubs in limited quantities. Brands may vary by Club. Please drink responsibly.
To grill asparagus
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high.
- In large bowl, toss asparagus spears with enough olive oil to coat. Season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper or lemon pepper.
- Place spears crosswise on the barbecue grate and cook, turning once or twice. Thin spears will take about 5 minutes; thick spears, about 10.
To prepare bacon-wrapped sirloin steak
- Defrost 6 steaks in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare a paste of 2 tablespoons pressed garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary, 1 1/2 teaspoon each salt and cracked black pepper and 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Rub steaks with the paste and let marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to hot.
- Sear both sides of steaks, then lower grill to medium heat and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes with lid closed to desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes with foil on top.
Parmesan mashed potatoes
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 8 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley or chives, finely chopped
- Put potatoes in large pot with a pinch of salt and add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover pan and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in a large bowl and mash/whip together with a large fork or potato masher. Serve immediately with parsley or chives on top.
Blueberry frozen yogurt
Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used to create this delicious, lavender treat. The optional ginger is a classic flavor complement to blueberries. Serve this on top of thin slices of Crenshaw or cantaloupe.
Makes about 1 quart
- 3 cups whole-milk, plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberry or pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, minced, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- Purée vanilla yogurt and remaining ingredients through blueberry juice (include optional ginger here) in a blender. Stir in blueberries. Chill for 1 hour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, gently fold into the chilled yogurt mixture and transfer the dessert to an ice cream freezer. Churn according to directions, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer frozen yogurt to an airtight container. Put in freezer to harden at least 6 hours, or overnight. Frozen yogurt is best if eaten within a week of preparation.
Sam’s Club Shopping List
- Silver State Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin, 6 pack
- Russet potatoes, 10 pounds
- Boni® Parmigiano Reggiano shredded cheese, 13 ounces
- Butter, 4 sticks/1 pound
- Sour cream, 3 bowls
- Heavy cream, 1 quart
- 1 bunch parsley or chives
- Yoplait® plain yogurt, 32 ounces
- Vanilla extract, 16 ounces
- Sugar, 5 pounds
- Naked® Juice pomegranate blueberry juice, 64 ounces
- Blueberries, 18 ounces
- 1 carton eggs, 18 count
- Yeast dinner rolls, 30 count
- Lipton® Lemon Instant Iced Tea
- Bartles & James® Variety Pack (Margarita, Strawberry Daiquiri, Fuzzy Navel & Exotic Berry) 24 pk. (6 each)