FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
All-Day Meatball Stew
Convenient prepared ingredients make this heartwarming stew "almost homemade." With fresh vegetables steeped all day in a broth and tomato blend, achieving a rich, succulent flavor is easier than you may think.
- 2 pkg. (12 oz. each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4 1/2 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 10 1/2 oz. condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cold water
- Place the meatballs, potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, broth, water, wine, garlic powder and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.