FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ambrosia Taffy Apple Crepes
All-star Chef Dale Levitski fills delicate crepes with caramel crisp Ambrosia Apple slices for a simply delicious fall dessert.
View all tips »
For a restaurant-quality look at home, garnish with candied fruit, nuts or whip cream. Extra crepes can be wrapped and frozen for 1 month.
- 4 ambrosia apples (medium), cored and diced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) caramel topping
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. butter (or non-stick spray)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Add milk, eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla cinnamon, ginger and salt in a blender. Blend for 1 minute and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium. Melt the butter (or use non-stick spray) to season the skillet.
- Pour 1 ½ oz. of the crepe batter in the skillet. Swirl to coat the pan for 30 seconds to a minute and flip with spatula. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place the crepe on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat the process layering each crepe with parchment paper. Set crepes aside.
- Wipe out the same sauce pan and return to medium-high heat. Melt the butter. Add the apples, sugar, salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cider vinegar to de-glaze the apples. Fold in the caramel sauce. Cook until mixture is incorporated. Remove from heat.
- In a separate skillet, melt a tsp. of butter over medium heat. Take a crepe and fold into quarters. Place the folded crepe into the skillet and sauté to lightly crisp it. Remove from heat and place on plate. Repeat process with 4 crepes per plate.