FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Apple Bavarian Torte
Transform your traditional apple pie into a smooth, irresistible dessert. The presentation is stunning for entertaining, while the pairing of cream cheese and sweet apple slices is reminiscent of the ultimate comfort food.
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- In another large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F; bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Store in the refrigerator.