FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: 4 cups
Serve this tangy relish with pork chops, venison or game birds or use it to add zest to a turkey sandwich.
- 6 New Crop Ambrosia or New Crop Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or 1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes, optional
- In a saucepan, mix the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice or vinegar, lemon juice, water, raisins or apricots, brown sugar and spices. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 40 minutes, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender. Mix in some water or apple juice if necessary to keep the mixture moist.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.