FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Apple-Cinnamon French Toast
Apples and cinnamon make one of those traditional combinations that seems to be good with everything. And with good reason! Try this winning combo on French toast for a simple, elegant breakfast that only takes minutes to make.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 apples (medium), peeled, cored and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 3 Tbsp. maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 6 slices cinnamon bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add apples; cook 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in syrup; cook 1 minute, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Beat Egg Beaters and milk in shallow medium bowl or pie plate with wire whisk until well blended. Dip bread slices into Egg Beaters mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add bread, 2 or 3 slices at a time. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. Serve topped with the apple mixture. Garnish with sugar, if desired.