FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Apple, Ham and Cheese Panini Sandwich
Slices of crisp New Crop Gala Apples add a twist to the ever-popular grilled ham and cheese sandwich, giving it delightful sweetness and crunch. If a panini grill isn’t available, heat the sandwiches in a skillet over medium heat until the cheese melts and the bread is toasty.
View all tips »
For a different taste, Swiss or cheddar cheese may be used in place of the Havarti cheese.
- 4 slices medium-thick bread
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 6 slices pre-cooked deli ham
- 1 New Crop Gala Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat panini grill to medium hot.
- Spread two slices of bread with mustard.
- Layer each slice with 3 slices of ham, apple slices and 2 slices of Havarti cheese. Top with the remaining bread. Spread the butter on the outer sides of each sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches in the panini grill and cook until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. To serve, cut each sandwich in half or quarters.