FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Apple Mashed Potatoes
Servings: 4 - 6
Take the traditional flavor of this cool-weather side dish to an exciting new level with freshly picked apples and savory bacon from Sam's Club.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Place the potatoes, apples and salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, sauté onion until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and apples. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar; mash until smooth. Top with bacon, onion and nutmeg.