FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Apple Pie Sandwiches
You won't have to convince the kids to finish these sweet, dessert-style sandwiches made with crisp, orchard-fresh apples from your local club.
- 2 cup(s) diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 5 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 12 slices day-old bread
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook apples and water over medium heat for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Spread six slices of bread with 1/3 cup filling; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.