FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Asian Beef Crispers with Ginger Soy Sauce
Asian flavors prepared in flavorful little pockets with a tangy dipping sauce—this is fun to eat any time. Kids will enjoy the fact that they can eat these with their hands.
View all tips »
The crispers can also be brushed with oil and cooked on the grill.
- 32 small flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup(s) ground beef (lean 90%)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup(s) green onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) water chestnuts, diced or carrots, diced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cup(s) peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. rice or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes or favorite hot sauce (Tabasco®, sriracha)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger, grated or .50 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine beef, garlic and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Quickly stir-fry beef until barely done, pink. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in water chestnuts, salt, pepper and green onion.
- Cut tortillas into 4” squares. Put 1 1/2 tablespoons of beef filling in center of one tortilla. Brush edge with beaten egg and press a second tortilla on top to seal. Use the back of a fork to score and seal the edges. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Heat peanut oil in a large, deep frying pan to hot (almost smoking). Slip crispers into hot oil, one at a time, and cook for 2 minutes per side until golden and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with sauce.