FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini
They almost look too good to eat, until you taste one and your better judgment gets the best of you. These appetizers are simple to make, but the delicate asparagus spears and distinct flavors of prosciutto and brie tell your guests a story of a detail-obsessed host.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 in. thick)
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (Parma ham) or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz. Brie cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut asparagus tips into 2-inch lengths. (Discard stalks or save for another use.) Place asparagus tips in a 15x10x1-inch x 1-inch baking pan lined with foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.