FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Asparagus Fish Bundles
Crisp asparagus spears nestled in tender tilapia fillets atop a delicate basil-thyme sauce are suprisingly lowfat and utterly simple despite their fussed-over appearance.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 oz. each)
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. minced fresh basil or 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Wrap each fillet around five asparagus spears; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from bundles; serve with sauce.