FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Frittatas are the perfect breakfast or brunch solution. Like an omelet, they are endlessly customizable. You can add all kinds of vegetables, meats, cheeses, smoked salmon—the options are endless.
View all tips »
Frittatas are a great way to use up leftovers, like steamed broccoli, minced onion, asparagus or grated cheese.
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, woody stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen (drained) spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) milk or cream
- 1 cup(s) grated jack or Swiss cheese
- Preheat broiler
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender. Set aside
- Heat olive oil in a 10” or 11” heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, basil, nutmeg and milk in a bowl. Pour mixture over spinach in the pan, reduce heat and cover. Cook spinach-egg mixture for 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are barely set. Remove from heat.
- Lay asparagus spears across the top of spinach-egg mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Put on the second shelf under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve.