FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Asparagus with Garlic and Orange Glaze
Aromatic orange and vibrant garlic make a wonderful pair in this glaze for fresh asparagus.
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3" pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until bright green and nearly tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the orange juice, butter, orange zest and garlic in a medium skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and toss gently until it is heated through and the juice is reduced to a nice glaze, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.