FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Avocado BLT with Jalapeño Mayonnaise
The basic bacon-lettuce-and-tomato sandwich grows up and gets sophisticated with the addition of avocado slices and zesty jalapeño mayonnaise.
View all tips »
You can also use sourdough or wheat bread.
- 3/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 French rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 Hass avocado, pit removed, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices tomato
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a fork, stir mayonnaise, jalapeño pepper and lime juice together in a small bowl until blended.
- To assemble, spread jalapeño-mayonnaise on both sides of a French roll. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half and top with 3 slices of bacon, half the avocado slices and 2 tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining French roll. Cut each in half and serve on plates.