FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Backyard Taco Bar
A taco bar in your backyard is a great way to offer something for everyone. Just provide warm tortillas, a variety of toppings and taco fillings—beef, chicken and shrimp.
- 1 flank steak (about 2 pound)
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, or breasts and thighs
- 2 lb. large raw shrimp
- 36 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 3 tsp. Serrano chile, minced
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup(s) cilanto, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put beef, chicken, and shrimp into individual, large re-sealable Ziploc bags or plastic containers. Add marinade to cover to each container and marinate according to the following schedule: Flank steak, 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator; chicken,1.5 to 2.5 hours in the refrigerator; shrimp, 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Cook meats on a medium hot grill, starting with flank steak, which will take about 20 minutes to grill. Then add the chicken, which will take about 12 minutes. Finally, add the shrimp, which will take 5 to 6 minutes. (With this schedule, they should all come off the grill around the same time.)
- Meanwhile, set up the taco bar with all of the great additions, including warm tortillas wrapped in a clean dishtowel.
- Slice the flank steak and chicken into thin slices and place them in individual plates or bowls alongside the shrimp at one end of your taco buffet line.