FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
If you time it so that the egg and the muffin are done at the same time, the heat between them will perfectly melt the cheese for this drippy sandwich that easily rivals your favorite fast food version.
- 1 strip extra-lean turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
- olive oil spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1 light multigrain or whole-wheat English muffin (8 grams fiber per muffin), toasted
- 1 slice fat-free yellow Ameri cheese (3/4 ounce)
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crisp. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Spray a 3 1/2- or 4-inch microwave-safe bowl with the olive oil spray and add the egg white. Microwave for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until it is just set completely.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing the bottom half of the warm English muffin, inside up, on a plate. Top with the cheese, the egg, then the bacon. Add the English muffin top and serve.