FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Wright® Brand Bacon Scallops with Horseradish Aioli
Valentine’s Day at home just got deliciously enticing with irresistible bacon and sweet, tender scallops wrapped in little bundles that all but melt in your mouth. An easy, elegant recipe for romantic celebrations.
View all tips »
You can use any Wright® Brand Bacon style in this recipe. Applewood would be perfect!
- 8 slices Wright® Brand Bacon
- 1/2 lb. scallops, raw, 20 to 30 count per pound
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. horseradish, prepared
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 Lemon juice —a touch (a good squeeze)
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To create the aioli, in a blender or small food processor, mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon and horseradish until well combined. Drizzle in olive oil until smooth, and reserve refrigerated until needed.
- Place scallops in a small bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss lightly to incorporate seasonings.
- On a clean work surface, wrap each scallop in an appropriately sized strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- In a preheated skillet, cook scallops for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side turning once.
- Place scallops on an oven-safe pan and finish cooking in a preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes until scallops are fully cooked and bacon begins to crisp.
- Arrange scallops for presentation and serve alongside the citrus horseradish aioli.