FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Bacon–Wrapped Citrus Scallops
The combination of smoky bacon and tender sweet scallops is a classic. You can prepare the skewers in advance and grill them in less than 10 minutes for a last-minute backyard party.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Tropicana 100% Pure and Natural Orange Juice
- 2 pkg. Member’s Mark® scallops (2 pound)
- 24 slices Bacon
- 3/4 cup(s) bottled citrus-herb dry rub
- 12 wooden skewers (10- to 12-inch)
- Soak skewers in water for 30-60 minutes before using to avoid charring.
- If there is still a strip of striated muscle attached to the side of any scallops, grasp firmly and pull to remove. Place orange juice in a large bowl and submerge scallops in juice; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until beginning to color but still soft. Drain on paper towels.
- Place citrus rub in a shallow dish. Remove scallops from juice. Roll the edges of each scallop in the dry rub and wrap with a strip of bacon, overlapping the ends.
- Thread 4 bacon-wrapped scallops onto each skewer and cook immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Grill skewers 4 to 6 minutes until scallops are opaque in the center and firm to the touch, turning once. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.