FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic & Garlic
Asparagus is always an elegant vegetable. With this preparation, it takes on a hearty, roasted flavor that is uniquely appealing when the weather turns cold.
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 lb. fresh asparagus
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine butter, garlic powder, chicken broth, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a large flat dish. Add the asparagus and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the asparagus to a greased cookie sheet (retain the marinade). Divide into 6 bundles, wrap each bundle with a strip of bacon, and spray generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until asparagus is browned and tender and the bacon is crisped. (Shake the pan once or twice).
- While the asparagus cooks, transfer the reserved marinade to a small saucepan and simmer to reduce slightly.
- Serve the asparagus topped with a drizzle of the sauce.