FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Baked Macaroni with Double Cheese
This classic baked macaroni recipe is loaded with cheesy goodness that everyone in your family can enjoy.
- 1 pkg. Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni (16 ounce)
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese (shredded), divided
- 1 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt margarine; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Stir in pasta. Spoon half of macaroni mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top with Swiss cheese, remaining macaroni mixture then remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional: Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top before baking.