FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Baked Potato Soup with Sour Cream and Bacon
Servings: 10-12 (makes about 12 cups)
This luscious cream soup is thickened with puréed potatoes and sour cream instead of flour. To make it into a one-dish meal, add cooked steak, pot roast or turkey.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chopped onions or leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 cup(s) diced russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 cup(s) chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) cream
- 1 cup(s) Daisy® Brand Sour Cream, plus extra for topping
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh chives, bacon and Daisy® Brand Sour Cream for topping
- Heat a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to a dish.
- Add butter, celery, garlic and onion to the hot pan. Sauté about 15 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients, except sour cream, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in sour cream and purée soup in pan with immersion blender (or working in batches, purée soup in blender.) This can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon, chives and sour cream.