FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Baked Spiral Sliced Ham with Barbecue Sauce
Barbecue sauce and pineapple make this wonderful ham extra special. Serve this with mashed sweet potatoes and dirty rice.
- 1 whole Castle Wood Reserve® Boneless Spiral Ham
- 1 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup(s) canned pineapple chunks, drained (retain juice)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 cup(s) baby carrots
- 10 whole cloves
- Reconstitute the packet of glaze that comes with the ham according to package instructions, substituting juice from the canned pineapple for the water.
- Add 1 cup barbecue sauce and melted butter to the glaze and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Put the whole ham into a foil-lined roasting pan. Make shallow scores across the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern and stuff with 10 or 12 whole cloves. Brush with the barbecue glaze and continue to baste every 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add pineapple, bell pepper and baby carrots to the pan around the ham and brush with glaze. (Total baking time is about 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Serve the sliced ham with some of the glazed vegetables and pineapple from the pan.