FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ziti noodles layered with Italian cheeses and rich tomato sauce are a classic comfort food casserole, just right for all kinds of occasions—from Friday night dinner to a potluck or team supper.
View all tips »
This can be well wrapped and frozen, cooked or uncooked, for up to one month, to save you time later.
- 1 lb. dry ziti pasta (tubes)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 2 jar Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce (24 ounce ea.)
- 2 tsp. oregano or rosemary
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grated mozzarella
- 3/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 oz. provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- Cook ziti in salted water per package directions. Drain.
- Add the olive oil to large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ground beef or turkey, salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Add pasta sauce and oregano or rosemary. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato-beef sauce in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add half of the cooked ziti, then dot with half of the sour cream and a third each of the mozzarella, Parmesan and provolone cheeses. Top with a layer of sauce.
- Repeat with remaining sour cream, cheeses and tomato-beef sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until cheeses are bubbling. Serve.