FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Balsamic Basted Grilled Sausage and Garden Veggie Sliver
Hearty Italian countryside inspired salad portion using as iceberg lettuce wedge topped with perfectly seasoned grilled Cavanaugh All Beef Sausage. Grilled zucchini, sweet baby onions, red bell peppers, toasted pine nuts, vine ripened tomatoes and hand torn basil complements this salad with your choice of Italian style salad dressing. This entrée salad can be served with a side of Italian garlic toast.
- 1 link Cavanaugh All Beef Sausage, large diced
- 1 cup(s) zucchini, large diced
- 1 cup(s) pearl onions, peeled, cut in half
- 1 cup(s) red bell pepper, large diced
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce, quartered in wedges
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes, large diced
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup(s) Italian dressing, commercially prepared
- 2 Tbsp. basil, hand torn
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Skewer all ingredients, in any order, onto skewer sticks. Baste skewers with balsamic vinegar, place on grill. Cook until vegetables are tender and sausage is hot; chill and remove from skewers.
- Toss the grilled mix, tomatoes and pine nuts with Italian dressing, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange iceberg wedges on a plate. Pour the dressed mixture evenly over the top of the wedges. Top with basil.