FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 medium loaves
What to do with ripe bananas? Banana bread, of course. Try this classic recipe for soft, moist banana bread that’s good as a snack or as part of breakfast.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 cup(s) white flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. toasted wheat germ (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine bananas, eggs, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, milk, walnuts and sour cream in a large bowl and stir to blend.
- Sift flour, sodas and salt together. Add this dry mix into the wet and blend.
- Oil two 8x4-inch loaf pans. Pour batter halfway up each pan and put into preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until a knife or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.