FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Banana Breakfast Bars
Servings: 9 bars
For a simple way to start the day right, enjoy a couple of Banana Breakfast Bars with a glass of milk and some fresh fruit.
View all tips »
These freeze beautifully. Cut them and wrap in individual plastic bags to freeze for easy snacking.
- 1/3 cup(s) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup(s) applesauce
- 1/2 cup(s) mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins or Ocean Spray® Craisins®
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. crushed Triple Chex® Cereal
- Topping: .50 cup whole Triple Chex® Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Mix the peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg, applesauce and banana. Stir in all remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Spread in prepared pan and top with the reserved 1/2 cup of Triple Chex Cereal. Spray cereal generously with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.