FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 42 cookies
Rich and moist with the appealing crunch of Planter’s® Fancy Whole Cashews with Salt, these cookies are irresistible. Drizzled with melted chocolate, they’re guaranteed to be a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup(s) chopped Planter’s Fancy Whole Cashews with Salt
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two baking sheets.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar with 1 cup butter in a mixing bowl and beat to blend thoroughly. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the bananas.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar into the sugar mixture, mixing thoroughly. Fold in cashews and refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl. Working with tablespoonfuls of the chilled dough, pat into round balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, turning gently to coat. Place on prepared baking sheets. Use the bottom of a glass to slightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake cookies in center of the oven until edges brown slightly, about 8 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally to mix in the butter. Drizzle chocolate over tops of the cooled cookies.