FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Banana-Protein Pick-Me-Up Cakes
Skip the store-bought energy bars for this delicious, economical and simple homemade recipe.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) protein powder
- 1/4 cup(s) whole ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) applesauce
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cherries or cherry-flavored cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, protein powder, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir together eggs, applesauce, oil, bananas and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir applesauce mixture into dry ingredients, until just blended. Stir in cashews and cherries, until blended. Pour into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into 15 (4x1-1/2-inch) bars.