FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Light and fluffy, with a subtle banana flavor, these are pancakes your family will ask for every week. For a special breakfast, top with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) applesauce
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt). Put through a sifter into a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients (eggs, milk, vanilla and applesauce). Add to dry ingredients and stir to mix.
- Stir in mashed bananas and walnuts or pecans.
- Lightly oil a griddle or frying pan and place over medium heat. When hot, use a one-quarter cup measure to ladle out the pancakes onto the griddle. Cook until golden brown, then flip.