FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
When burger cravings hit, get out the grill and prepare these all-dressed-up-and-ready-to-party burgers with slices of Swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce and tomato. Just add a favorite BBQ sauce.
View all tips »
To prevent avocado slices from turning brown when exposed to air, slice them at the last minute, or drizzle some lemon or lime juice over the slices.
- 2 hamburger patties (room temperature) (4 ounce)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, mashed with salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- lettuce and sliced tomato
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high and cook burgers on the first side to your liking. Flip burgers and place a slice of Swiss cheese on top to melt while the second side cooks.
- Add buns to grill, face down, and toast for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To build burgers: Spread buns with mayonnaise, then stack tomato, lettuce, burger patty with cheese, barbecue sauce, mashed avocado and another slice of tomato and lettuce. Season to taste.