FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Brats are substitutes for sausage in this spicy jambalaya, and the result is a New Orleans winner! For an easy summer supper, serve this flavorful Creole classic with a green salad and a frosty stein of beer or iced tea.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice, preferably Basmati
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with juice (14 ounce)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked, dark meat chicken
- 1/2 lb. bratwurst, diced
- 12 shrimp (medium)
- 1/2 cup(s) parsley or green onion (for garnish), chopped
- Heat oil in rice cooker and sauté onion, pepper, garlic and celery for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except parsley. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the rice cooker turns off (about 24 minutes).
- Let rest for 2 to 3 minutes, then open the cooker carefully. Serve topped with chopped parsley.