FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches with Coleslaw
Two hands (and napkins) required here. That’s what it takes to get ahold of this meaty, slaw-filled sandwich dripping with sauce. Get messy—it's worth it.
View all tips »
For more flavor, prepare shredded meat mixture ahead of time. Cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Reheat, then spoon into rolls; top with coleslaw as directed.
- 1 red onion, divided
- 2 cup(s) each shredded green and red cabbage
- 1/4 cup(s) Miracle Whip® Dressing
- 1 bottle (17.5 ounce) Bull’s Eye® Texas Style Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 beef brisket (3 pound), trimmed
- 1 can beef broth (14.5 ounce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, partially split
- Heat oven 350ºF.
- Cut half the onion into thin slices; place in large bowl. Add cabbages; mix lightly. Mix dressing and 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce. Add to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add meat; cook 5 min. or until browned on both sides, turning after 3 min. Transfer to 13x9-inch baking dish. Chop remaining onion piece; sprinkle over meat. Mix broth, 1/2 cup of the remaining barbecue sauce and garlic; pour over meat. Cover.
- Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is done (160ºF). Let stand, covered, 10 min. Shred meat; place in large bowl. Add remaining barbecue sauce; toss to coat.
- Fill each roll with 1/2 cup meat mixture and 1/3 cup coleslaw just before serving.