FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Beef and Bean Tacos
A tasty taco night is a breeze to pull together with this ready-made 90% lean ground beef and black bean filling.
- 2 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce), rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cup(s) bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- hot sauce (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 24 flour tortillas (8-inch)
Cook-At-Home Note: To serve four: Thaw beef-bean mixture in refrigerator overnight. Warm in a covered casserole dish in microwave, or heat in a medium skillet over medium heat; 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through (165°F), add several tablespoons of water to prevent sticking. Spoon onto tortillas, roll up and serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef, garlic and cumin over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add beans, salsa and cilantro. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add hot sauce, if desired, and season with salt. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon 3 cups beef-bean mixture into each of 3 large re-sealable freezer bags. Freeze.
- When you’re ready to finish and serve this dish, simply follow the Cook-At-Home Note instructions.