FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Tone’s® Ground Cumin has a warm, earthy flavor and spicy-sweet aroma. Essential in many traditional Mexican and Indian dishes, cumin is also delicious in steak rubs, BBQ ribs, chili con carne and hamburgers.
View all tips »
Add complex flavor by toasting Tone’s® Ground Cumin. Heat a nonstick skillet on high and add Tone’s® Ground Cumin. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until aroma becomes very fragrant and color has changed slightly. Immediately remove from heat. Use in any recipe that calls for ground cumin.
- 1 cup(s) Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Tone’s® Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Tone’s® Oregano Leaves
- 2 tsp. Tone’s® Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 lb. flank OR sirloin steak
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cup(s) green and/or red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- sour cream, avocado, cilantro, salsa and lime wedges, as desired
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
- Pierce steak evenly with a fork. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag; place onion and peppers in a separate bag.
- Pour 1 cup marinade over steak; close bag. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables; close bag. Marinate both bags 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from bag; discard bag and remaining marinade. Grill steak over medium direct heat for 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drain vegetables, discarding marinade, and cook on grill pan 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. (Or vegetables can be stir fried in a skillet).
- Slice steak thinly across the grain. Fill warm tortillas with beef and vegetables. Garnish with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, salsa and lime wedges, if desired.