FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Beef Pocket Pita
Fill pita pockets with fresh veggies and tangy barbecue beef for a light, summery sandwich that's overflowing with flavor.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms
- Vegetable oil
- 6 pocket breads, halved
- Rub steak generously with pepper.
- Thread onions, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms separately onto skewers.
- Brush mushrooms lightly with oil.
- Place steak over hot coals in covered grill.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning once and basting with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to grill the last 5 to 10 minutes and grill until edges are toasted.
- Cut cooked steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Remove vegetables from skewers; combine with steak and use to fill pockets in bread.
- Drizzle each with remaining barbecue sauce.