FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Beef Stew with Cheddar Dumplings
Servings: 6 - 8
Our tender USDA Choice beef stars in this hearty fall dish the whole family will love. Coarsely cut fresh Sam's Club vegetables cook up tender and enhance the flavor of this irresistible stew.
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 to 3 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 5 cup(s) water
- 5 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 14 1/2 oz. cut green beans, drained
- 2 cup(s) biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil in batches.
- Stir in the water, bouillon, browning sauce if desired, onion salt and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in green beans.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes (do not lift cover) or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Serve immediately.