FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cool sour cream balances the distinct flavor of sherry in this rich stroganoff recipe great for hungry mouths and breezy nights.
- 5 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. sherry
- Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour and salt. Add beef a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef in 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in tomato paste and remaining flour until smooth. Stir in water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add sour cream and sherry; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles or rice.