FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Beer 'n' Gouda Pretzels
Watch crispy bagged pretzels get pushed aside for these homemade snacks that are perfect for tailgating. Bring home fresh gouda from your club and your choice of beer to make these snackable twists irresistible.
- 4 3/4 to 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 oz. quick-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) beer or non-alcoholic beer
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded Gouda cheese
- Coarse salt
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, beer and oil to between 120°F and 130°F; add to dry ingredients. Beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 14 equal portions; roll each into a 20-inch rope. Cover and let rest 10 minutes longer.
- Twist into pretzel shapes. Place on greased baking sheets; brush with eggs. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Brush again with eggs; sprinkle with Gouda and coarse salt. Bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.