FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Hearty and nutritious, this broccoli pasta dish will bring you to your knees with its heavenly aromas—fresh garlic, red pepper and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- 12 oz. Broccoli
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. fusilli pasta
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/8 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into long thin strips
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same water, cook the pasta according to the package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small sauté pan, heat the oil and cook sliced red pepper with the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, red pepper flakes, pepper and lemon juice, mix and pour this over the broccoli and pasta.
- Toss well.
- Season to taste, sprinkle with the cheese (if using) and serve.