FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Berry Brunch Coffee Cake
Fresh, tart berries balance the sweetness of this homemade breakfast coffee cake. Fluted with a sweet brown sugar filling and drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze, you’ll have everyone applauding your impressive early morning efforts.
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. 2% milk
- 1 cup(s) fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 tsp. cold butter
- 1 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 4 to 5 tsp. 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk. Fold in raspberries.
- Pour half of the batter into an 8-inch fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.