FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Best Slow Cooker Chili
Beef stew and pork loin take the place of traditional ground beef for a bowl of slow-cooker chili you can really sink your teeth into. A dollop of cool sour cream is the perfect complement to the medley of spices.
View all tips »
This recipe will work well with pork shoulder or butt in place of pork loin.
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 red or green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 cup(s) canned whole tomatoes, chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup(s) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 cup(s) canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/4 cup(s) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic and sauté until tender (about 7 to 10 minutes). Transfer mixture to slow cooker insert using slotted spoon.
- Pour remaining oil into pan, add in beef and pork and cook over medium-high heat until browned, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Place over onion mixture in slow cooker. Add tomatoes with liquid, chili powder, cumin and ground red pepper; stir. Cover and heat on low heat for 8 hours.
- Add beans to chili. Cook an additional half hour or until beans are heated through.
- Serve chili topped with cheese, red onion, sour cream and cilantro.