FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Better-than-Ever Cheesy Meat Lasagna
No big deal and not to brag or anything. But cheesy layers of noodles, ground beef and tomato sauce can now fit into your healthy eating plan. We're just sayin'.
View all tips »
Variation : Substitute 2 cups frozen Boca Ground Crumbles for the browned ground beef. Add to spaghetti sauce in saucepan along with the garlic and oregano; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Continue as directed.
Makeover - How We Did It: We've made over a traditional lasagna that results in a savings of 140 calories and 10g of fat per serving by using extra-lean ground beef instead of sausage and decreasing the amount, using cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese, decreasing the Parmesan and using KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Make Ahead: Assemble lasagna as directed. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake, covered, at 375°F for 40 min. or until heated through.
- 3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 ounce)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 ounce) Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 pkg. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided (7 ounce)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in large saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes. Mix egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with layers of 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min. before serving.