FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Bittersweet Chocolate & Walnut Brownies
“Killer brownies” is the nickname for these intensely rich, fudgy treats. Each bite is full of deep chocolate flavor and has an incredible texture. These are sure to delight your valentine.
- 2 oz. finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 2 oz. finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (6 tablespoon or 1 stick)
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- .1 tsp. fine-grained kosher or sea salt
- 2/3 cup(s) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350°F. Spray the inside of an 8-cavity, 2-inch heart-shaped silicone pan with non-stick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt in microwave on low power for 30-second bursts. Stir after each burst.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg and yolk in a bowl until frothy. Add the sugars and whip until very thick and pale colored, about 5 minutes. Add the melted chocolate mixture and blend completely.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder; add the salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture in 3 stages, blending well after each addition. Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among cavities in the pan. Bake 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out slightly moist. Remove from the oven and cool the pan on a rack. Turn the pan upside-down and gently peel away from the brownies. Then turn brownies topside up.
- Store in a single layer in a tightly sealed container, or covered with foil at room temperature for up to 5 days.