FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Black and Blue Salmon Salad
A white wine-infused dressing makes this salad a knockout!
- 4 C. Wirthy & Co.™ Blackened Salmon portions, thawed
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts (approximately 16 stalks)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1/3 cup(s) chardonnay (or other white wine)
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup(s) blue cheese crumbles
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Heat grill to medium-high (approximately 400°F).
- Pour white wine into medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, reducing by half. Add the heavy cream and allow it to reduce slightly; add the blue cheese and whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let dressing cool while cooking salmon.
- Coat grill with cooking spray (or other oil) and place salmon on preheated grill rack; grill 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Remove lettuce stalks from head and rinse, leaving the leaves whole and using only the inner medium-sized stalks. Slice onion into very thin ringlets. Cut tomato into 4 wedges. Arrange 4 lettuce stalks on each plate and place a salmon fillet across the lettuce. Place 3 onion rings on top of each salmon fillet and a tomato wedge next to the fillet. Drizzle with one tablespoon of dressing; garnish with blue cheese crumbles.