FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Black Walnut Crusted Tilapia
A crunchy, flavorful way to serve fish. Hammons Black Walnuts add a rich complexity that complements but doesn’t overpower the delicate taste of the dish. It’s a more elegant, but still simple, take on the almond-encrusted tilapia dish commonly found in restaurants.
- 4 pieces tilapia, or substitute with your favorite white fish
- 1 cup(s) Hammons™ Black Walnuts, either finely chopped or pulsed in the food processor
- 1 egg beaten (use a wide bowl)
- Flour for dredging (can be gluten-free with almond or rice flour)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Place Black Walnuts on one plate, and sprinkle flour on another plate and season with salt and pepper (adding additional seasonings as desired).
- Dip fish in flour mixture, then egg mixture and then coat in Black walnuts. Set aside and repeat with remaining fish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook until brown on each side, about 3 minutes, being careful not to burn the Black Walnuts.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fish and serve immediately.