FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Braised Chicken Villa
Classic Mediterranean cooking graces this Artisan Fresh™ Mushroom & Wine Flavored Chicken Breast dish. The chicken is cut into strips and slow cooked to perfection in a balsamic braise on your stove top with baby portobello mushrooms, carrots, asparagus and black pepper. Serve over angel hair pasta.
- 1 pkg. Artisan Fresh™ Mushroom & Wine Flavored Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1.5 lb. bag)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup(s) baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup(s) carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup(s) marinara tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) asparagus pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 4 cup(s) cooked angel hair pasta
Serve pasta with herbed focaccia bread.
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sear chicken breast for 3 minutes on each side; remove from pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and sauté portobello mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Add carrots and sauté for another 2 minutes, and then add onions, garlic and herbs. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce, then cover. Allow to simmer until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Add the asparagus pieces to the pan and cook until tender.
- Remove chicken and slice.
- Toss sauce with pasta and serve under sliced breasts. Finish with cheese and basil.